Fuel gauge rebuild

Hi guys/gals, yesterday i decided to fix my speedometer, the needle was broken (don't ask me how it ended up like that) and while I was there tried to check out why my fuel gauge was not working. Tried testing it according to speedy jim's site, and no luck. Finally, just to check it out before tossing it into the garbage, I opened it. Inside, the two hairthin wires that went from the nuts to the heater contacts where broken. Everytime I touched those two, they broke again, they were just too thin.

Physically, the gauge looks perfect. Is there a way to fix it? can I just solder two pieces of thin wire (maybe 4 times thicker than those) there?

TIA, Karls

BTW, the speedo is from a '73 SB

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña