need electrical help on Bradley GT

Does anyone have a wire diagram for a Bradley GT? I have searched the Bradley GT .com web site and have only found a diagram for a GT2 .

(just wondering if I should cut the red wire...lol)

thanks Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

If it was my '72 Bradley GT then I changed the whole setup and there is new wiring along with all of the gauges I could stick in the modified center console.

I would say that some would be setup with the '67 beetle wiring like mine was originally setup with.

What is the problem Mario? Usually these things are wired simply and it makes some sense.

dave

well it is on a 67 chassis the problem is a short some where or wires ran wrong, I cant seem to get the gages working right and or turn signals working right.

I'm working on it for a college student and she let her boyfriend work on it so now something that started out as no gages and turn signal has also turned in to a fried alernator.

Reply to
Kafertoys

Inquire at

under the general discussion group. Ithink Jeff Troy has a CDROM with all that information on it. One real 'gotcha' besides a crappy wiring job by the PO is the converter that Bradley used to make the single-element rear lights work as duals. It's basically a trailer-light adapter.

Most of us Bradley mavens end up rewiring the whole thing right, and drill the rear light housings for another bulb.

-- jjs - Here's mine:

jjs

You got a mighty pretty GT2 jjs. :-)

Mario, It sounds like a problem with the wiring to the speedo idiot lights. I would always check the grounds out. Does this have the stock Beetle speedo or what? Wiring should make sense like the regular Beetle. Was this a factory wired Bradley?

dave

Couldn;t be the ol' " fiberglass is not much of a ground" issue could it?

keep us informed.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Could be. FWIW, I created a new ground plate for the GTII dash area and used #2 cable to connect it to the chassis. Also, a lot of people just daisy-chain grounds across the back of the instruments, which leaves only one wire to the real ground and one point of failure. Bad idea.

One other thing to check - if anything is grounded using the steering column, then be sure that there is a jumper over the steering coupler.

Reply to
jjs