GOOGLE

GOOGLE has added some new features. One is an image search engine.

Click on IMAGES

Just for kicks, do a search for "Solex" or Solex 34PICT or anything. Amazing the pics it will pull up instantly.

FROOGLE is a search for items for sale (commercial firms).

Google will shortly be offering FREE e-mail with 1 GIGA-Byte of storage!! That's a lot of e-mails!

(Of course everyone already knows about the GOOGLE Groups search for newsgroup messages...)

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

I checked VW stuff on Froogle, and it is mostly watercooled stuff. Hopefully Froogle with provide some competition for ebay. I would rather just purchase something for the asking price rather than play all of the ebay games.

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle
Reply to
Bill Berckman

I was just there a few days ago checking out some new features. The image search has been there for a couple of years. Handy for finding that interesting GIF you need to finish your web site.

Here's a kinda scary one: Enter just your phone number (US) and hit Search. (assuming you don't have an unlisted #, cell phone number or business number).

Here's an interesting one. Enter the UPC number off the side of a product and hit Search. You'll probably end up with no hits, but there should be a "Look up UPC number xxxxxxxxx" link at the top. Click that and see if it matches your product. (If you want to save digging around the house, try this number: 049000032369).

I use the Google toolbar in Internet Explorer and it has a pretty excellent pop-up ad killer in it.

Reply to
Malcolm

I don't think it can compete. Froogle gets all it's data from merchant websites and just spits out the results based on keywords you enter, optionally refining by dollar amounts.

It suffers the same weaknesses their normal search engine has, whatever's the most popular will return the most results. Which in this case will be watercooled VW gear.

Reply to
Seth Graham

Google have been using the image search for years?!?

Reply to
Howard Rose