Fuel Pump Leak

I think I may have found a reason for my fuel mileage dropping from 27 to 20. I have fuel leaking from the fuel pump "bell". Is this OK to drive on a bit until I get a part to replace it or is it a "park it" until fixed problem. I have no idea how long it's been like this.

I was doing a valve adjust, oil change, etc. and was getting ready to check compression. Oil was back in, full and everything ready. Started up the bug and let it idle for a while to warm up. I sat watching things and noticed how wet it was getting. Shut it off and discovered that it was fuel. Tightened the nuts on the pump mount a bit but noticed that fuel was coming out from one of the "seams" of the pump.

Anyways, any help/advice appreciated. THX.

Reply to
hosifer

Yes, it's alright to drive it until the fuel drips onto the hot exhaust. :-)

While you're replacing the pump, go over all the fuel lines too.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim