Fuel Pump replacement membrains?

I have been sorting through my parts stash and have come across two very nice fuel pumps that are screwed together and have easily replaceable parts. I would prefer using this to the sealed, more recent style pump for the new beetles (ya know, the ones 71 and later).

Does anyone sell replacement parts for these older fuel pumps? KWW '65 Beetle (Jenny, the IOC) '64 Beetle

Reply to
Kirk

is the only place that I know of whostills carries all the parts needed to rebuild those old fuel pumps.I am going through a couple of them myself. One thing that's beenpointed out to me is that you will need a tool to preload it duringassembly.

look for 328 part numbers

You can make one yourself by mimicking fuel pump base (the bakelite) with 2 studs and a long bolt going from the bottom which you can turn in and out to set it at 18mm. studs are to mount the bottom part of the pump just like you would on the engine.

Anton

Reply to
anton

Reply to
Kirk

cip1 sells kits for all three types. (Enter cip1.com, then use their search engine for 'fuel pump kit.')

-Bob Hoover

Reply to
Veeduber