Greetings RAMVA

I recently bought a 65 type 1 in decent condition. It runs pretty good, but apparently one of the previous owners didn't check the fuel hoses and had a little weenie roast. I plan on changing all the fuel hoses and putting clamps on them. Yesterday evening, my son and I took on the first project to change the shift rod bushing. Thanks to this group and the samba groups, its going well. I just have to pick up the bushing and retainer to finish the job. After that, we plan on changing the clutch and accelerator cables. I will have to replace the drivers side window regulator. How much of a pain is it to change?

Reply to
Eddie

in addition to this group and thesamba.com you should invest in a repair manual....bently and haynes are the best(most say in that order, although i prefer the layout of the haynes) and you should get one..... sometimes pictures do wonders.... the clutch cable and accellerator cable are a breeze and doing them at the same time is nice.... window regulator not bad, but could make you spew cusswords....good luck on your project so far and feel free to ask any questions you need.....most here are very knowledgeable most even have digital cameras, which as i said, pictures do wonders...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Thanks for the tip on the manuals. I was gonna pick one up. I will also take some pictures of our progress.

Reply to
Eddie