Help me, O Master Of Tools

Caution: Non RAMVA material.

I need to find a torque screwdriver -- yes, that's screwdriver -- for a project not associated with automotives. Torque screwdrivers are not something my electronics tools catalogs carry. Nor are they something likely to be found in the toolbox of a guy that works on VW's. But there may be a Master Of Tools, a veritable Bodhisattva of mechanical knowledge receiving this plea: Tell me, O Master, where may I find this elusive item for under $200?

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Mountz makes really nice stuff in the $150 range. We used them in a clean room working on hard drives. I bought one of my own for turbo rebuilds. Very nice stuff. Gotta be a dealer online somewhere.

their site:

knt

Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott wrote:

Reply to
knt

here's one from SK - haven't used this one but SK in general make nice stuff ...

knt

If you can spare about $150, call Snap On. They deliver. :)

Reply to
jjs

and others on ebay do a search on torque+screwdriver

you will also f> Caution: Non RAMVA material.

Reply to
jimt

hey jimt TORX are another kind of screwdriver.. its a type of tamper proof screw.. look it up you will see..FWIW

Jeremie

1972 SB
VdubBeetle1972

How about this:

They were becoming a popular tool to have in your box at the lake right when I was getting out of Radio Control boat racing a few years ago. I luckily never bought one or it would be sitting there and collecting dust now or have been sold off for peanuts like a few other high dollar items that I used to build my motors with! Mark Detro Englewood, FL

Reply to
Mark Detro

Reply to
jimt

My path to torque (not "Torx") screwdriver fulfillment was before me. Now with the guidance of the tool gurus, the path is behind me. I have left the samsaric world of ignorance and have entered tool nirvana: a really good screwdriver has been ordered and is on its way.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

...............samsaric?...........sigh...........You Buddhist wackos out in California are making my head hurt.

Google search >>>>>>>> samsaric: Arising out of the misconception that there is an independent self and that security and possibly happiness can be obtained by protecting and defending its borders. 'Samsara' is a term used for the world or state of being that arises when either oneself or the world as a whole acts consistently out of this misperception.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Why is California like a bowl of Muesli?

Reply to
Oldbie

That's spelled Müsli, you ignatint silly furriner ;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

So Rocky, (SOMEBODY had to ask and nobody else did, so...) Whatcha screwin' that needs such accuracy?

before me.

behind me. I have

nirvana: a

way.

Reply to
Busahaulic

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 00:34:19 +0200, Jan Andersson >That's spelled Müsli, you ignatint silly furriner ;)

Ich wiess es, dummkopf, aber Ich kann nicht ein gefückten Umlaut machen.

Reply to
Oldbie

I should have said, but it is 'way off-topic.

I'm mounting an itty bitty transistor-sized power resistor that need to be snuggled right up against the mounting surface of the machined surface of a heat sink. This little puppy is rated to handle 50 Watts only if the heat can transfer fully to the 'sink. To assure that the resistor is pressed against the surface hard enough, the manufacturer specifies the use of Belleville (sometimes called conical or compression washers) rated for 150lbs of pressure tightened with a torque screwdriver to 8 inch-pounds and no more to avoid cracking the plastic case of the part. The bolt that is being tightened is a #4. So, and in short, I gotta tighten something down really tight. But not too tight. Basically the same thing anyone uses a torque wrench for, but a lot smaller.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

heheheheheheh

;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Gefickt? :o)

J.

Reply to
BergRace

Mmm, sounds sexy!

J.

Reply to
BergRace

Irregular past participle.

Besides, I wanted to put an umlaut there instead of on dummkopf where it should have been to try to draw Jan's attention to the fact that although I said I didn't know how to make one, I made one anyway.

Reply to
Oldbie

Come on, admit it: you just copied and pasted it from Müsli.

Airhowlingly yours, Erik, native speaker of German finding tremendous fun in this thread

Reply to
Erik Meltzer