HELP ! VW convertible window regulator

Hi everybody,

I own a 1975 VW convertible beetle whose left-sided front window regulator is broken (a rivet which ties two segments together is broken). I would like to repair it, and I have tried to disassemble the door parts but I cannot remove the regulator. Can I separate the glass support from the regulator ? Do I need to remove the glass ? Any help would be appreciated !!

P.S. the convertible regulators are different from the ones on regular beetles; they are not the "snake"-type ones, but look like a cranted wheel.

Regards,

Nic

Reply to
nicnic

Where are you with the .ch at the end of your email address?

I may be able to get a window and regulator from a 79 'vert if it will work in your 75? But I am in Fresno, Calif, USA.

Reply to
Karl