Heritical polution recommendation?

Don't know if this is OT or not, guys, but I am wondering if it would open "Pandora's box" or be a good idea to write to the State polution board and recommend that they consider a minimum polution level for even antique cars... that level being "tuned up" and not burning oil?

My fear would be that, once they start, they would tighten and tighten, and tighten the screws until soon we couldn't drive our blessed little bugs.

On the flip side, my blood boils when I see a beater pickup coming down the expressway in a plume of smoke larger than a 3 alarm fire, and the truck is too old to be inspected for polutants. Vehicles like that output more polutants than an hour's worth of heavy traffic (new vehicles) on the expressway. Then we get fined because we have a level Orange, Red, or Purple polution warning day!

Aggh! Almost as bad as getting passed on the birm by an impatient motorist just because I'm going NEAR the speed limit in my beetle in the Right-hand lane! (U.S.)

Reply to
KWW

Kirk,..........................

LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!!!

They already think that all the antique cars that are still driven , are the single source of all pollution. Along with some other silly stuff.

In fact the antique car population ( and you can include the classic cars too,..................I'd say no later than 1980 ) is but a tiny fraction of all the cars on the road in your/our area for sure.

If you go and give the tree huggers a tiny bit of political control of this, it is going to bite you in a very painful place.......your pocket book.

I can only imagine that emissions would not be affected one smidgen if you started regulating the old cars based on that very thing..................is there a particular car you don't like the smoke from?.................What is it that invites you to fan the flame???????

Our general area is more smitten by the industries in the area than by our automobiles by far. fact is, if the factories were not allowed to pollute at the rates they do, I'd be willing to bet we'd have no more of the Air Quality Alert days. have you ever just backed up and taken a look at Dallas from an Arial view?...................there's a huge amount of industry everywhere................HUGE Amount.

now in your particular neighborhood.................it's not nearly as bad, but it's gonna be if they don;t stop growing those huge tile factories to your east.......................and they are making them in large numbers and huge sizes too........................

So don't let 'em get away with giving you that tree hugging crap......................The ones that want you to do the right thing with nature are turning the air to solids faster than you can count, by allowing ( and even Luring) industries into your back yard without making them nearly responsible enough for keeping the air quality up.

Yeah, lots of cars should be black flagged every day, but that wouldn;t make a dent in the air quality issues in Dallas.

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®