Home from the great Canadian Weekend

Well we're finally home from the Great Canadian weekend with beautiful sun burns and lots of future plans for Bebe. She has officially immigrated into Canada and passed the safety inspection with flying colours. God it felt good to be back in an aircooled. I put almost 500 miles on the car alone this weekend without any major problems. That original 1200 is awesome! I've decided to leave the car completely original and stock. There were only 6 cars like that in the show and most of them had had full restos. Original has got to be special doesn't it?

We did run out of gas on a major bridge because the fuel sender stopped working but we were rescued by a early 60s convertible from Alberta that just happened to be passing by. I also managed to somehow break my accelerator pedal on a hill at a red light and almost flew back into my bf's vert. I'm not sure which car we would have cried into more had there been a hit (I think mine now).

I didn't get a lot of time to look around because we volunteered to help park cars and spent most of the day in the blazing sun. I sort of felt bad when the watercooled cars came in, I could never tell if it was a *showing* car or a parking lot car and I think a few times people were suprised when I asked if they were parking. I'm sorry but a stock 85 jetta should be in the parking lot imho! I hate how shows are turning into a blast your radio, flash your lights watercooled event. Give me a break, go play at the mall.

Anna

65 Bahama Blue Beetle "Bebe Jones" 79 Auto Westy "Avy" 58 Panel Van "Glenn" (I have pictures wanna see?)
Reply to
BugBum

...........Those stinking jettas are ruining our karma........

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Don't get me wrong, jetta's are nice cars. My friend has a 97 gti vr6 that is fun to toodle around in. I'd maybe even consider buying one for a winter car if we didn't have Avy. But I really dont know the difference between a show jetta and a parking lot jetta as I said before. They all look the same to me. I have so much more respect for a vintage car that's still being driven and cherished. And I'm not sure exactly how they are simular enough to be in the same show. Just my 2 cents, not trying to start an argument.

-- Anna

65 Bahama Blue Bug "Bebe Jones" 79 Auto Westy "Avy"
Reply to
BugBum