How much cooling air?

I am considering using the air-cooled flat four in a stationary application. What is the minimum amount of outside air in cubic feet per minute (or cubic meters per minute) is needed to cool this engine assuming it is developing full power all the time? I'd be supplying this outside air with a blower.

Ringer

Reply to
The Ringer

What is full power all the time? How many HP load are you applying and at what RPM? The ability of the engine to cool is based upon this. I cannot stress enough the need to design the engine to be cooled, rather than using more air delivery. Build for efficiency!

Reply to
Jake Raby

Most stationary engines are designed to run at very low rpm's forever. That why Diesels are great for stationary applications. You would not use an engine that is for a daily driver that is always at 3000 rps.

Reply to
Joe Cali Next Generation-usa