Hydraulic Valve lifters...

I have a 1979 Type 2 bus that has been laid upm for 7 years.

The valves had been set with a gap.

In then correcting the hydralic setting to 2 extra turns there was then no compression since the valves were now not seating.

How does one cure this problem?

Wioll the hydraulic sleeves leak away over time and regain their correct settings?

How does one release the excess oil within the lifters in this case?

Thanks...

Reply to
devilliers

I think two full turns from zero lash is too much. I don't have my T4 books handy right now but I seem to remember it was less than 2. Something in the back of my mind says 1 1/4 but I wouldn't trust that either.

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Karl