I have moved. Again :)

Only 15 minutes from the old place in Virginia (Front Royal).

But I now have a nice little house with a shed in the back, which will work very nicely for me as a workshop. It has power too. Sadly, no 220V. Yet ;) No room to get a car in, but the shed has a car port extension on two sides so it's not all bad. Just getting a car up there is a bit tricky... steep angle climb sideways across my back lawn.

I bought a Jeep Cherokee too. It climbed just fine in 4WD :D

Now I just need to get the Nova up there for the winter. Lots of metal work needed.

Sorry for no VW content this time.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Can you elaborate what is a car port extension?

Good luck for the new house!

Reply to
Olli Lammi

Well first there was a normal little shed. Then someone added an extension to the roof on one side, and put up two extra walls to support it. Room to park one car under it, with the front being open. THEN, someone figured they needed ANOTHER one, so they built a roof extension on the other side of the shed too. And put up two more walls. Again the entrance was left open.

The shed would have been big enough (just) to make it into a garage, and it has a garage door. But the damn door is on the long side of the shed, not at the end. So that you can't GET a car inside :D

Anyways, good enough for me. I'll post pictures later if you are interested.

Oh yea and the next door neighbor is a hottie ;) Don't know if she's single, yet. LOL

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Ok. I see now.

Be sure to include the neighbor in the pictures. ;)

Reply to
Olli Lammi

In my neck of the woods a "carport extension" is when I have offended "she who must be obeyed" and I spend a little bit longer in the shed or carport. John

Reply to
John

Reply to
Erik Dillenkofer

like the product description says, "Move your project cars backwards, forwards, even sideways!" Don't know if they work well on dirt floors.

Reply to
Randall

Great to hear from you, Jan. I've been thinking about you, and wondering how you were doing. Sounds like things are moving along as nice as can be, considering... Hey, you know the RIGHT e-mail address for me, right? I can't seem to make Google groups understand that snipped-for-privacy@aol.com hasn't been valid in over 5 years... Give me an e-mail sometime, we need to catch up, my friend...

The VW Magazine Editor Formerly Known As kaferdave

Reply to
kaferdave

Emailed :)

Things are going ok. It takes time to get on my feet, and money is tight as always. That's my only concern. Everything else is just fine.

Got a home, got a safe car for the winter, and I get to have my kids with me basically any time I'm not at work. Sweet.

Reply to
Jan Andersson