I'm back (again) and I got my Beetle back

So I posted in here back in early May about how it was my first time back in a couple years. Well, then things got hectic and I stopped reading again. Well, now I'm back for sure because I finally got my Bug back. Yep, I was able to buy back my very first car. A couple weeks ago I went down to Newport News, Virginia and bought a '65 Beetle for $1000 that needed some work. Once I got it home I realized that perhaps I had bit off more then I could chew with it. The very next day I was at the Old Dominion AirCoolers show and was talking to the guy that bought my '73 Super two years ago. He mentioned that he wanted to sell it as his mother (for whom he had bought it so he could fix up and she could drive) had lost interest in it. So I told him that as soon as I could sell the '65 I'd come down and buy back the '73. I posted some ads online and got a hit the same day from the one I placed over at VW Vortex. Two days later the buyer came down from West Virginia and towed it home and a couple days after that I went down, wrote a check for $1000 and got my original car back. As much as I wanted an older, more vintage car, the sentimental value of the '73 was much more important to me. It needs a little work here and there and I'm getting together with some friends tomorrow to work on it. I'll probably be ordering some parts for it soon. (Aircooled.net all the way.) Pictures of it can be found here:

'04 GTI 1.8T is parked next to it.

-Jeff

73 Super Beetle 04 GTI 1.8T In the past: 65 Beetle (Owned for three days) 86 Jetta Diesel 88 GTI 16v
Reply to
Jeff Rew

Hard to believe that a '73 Superbeetle could be registered as an antique...

Reply to
KWW

Reply to
Jeff Rew

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 12:53:20 GMT, Jeff Rew ran around screaming and yelling:

that is why i have them on my 68,,,...plus my county sends me a free sticker each year(one time tax on it, then they send a new one every year when tagged as "antique")....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

welcome back

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

Also hard to beleive that a 79 Rabbit can now be registered as an antique. Bill Berckman

67 Beetle
Reply to
Bill Berckman

Everything ovber 25 years in Texas can be too.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Reply to
Ben Boyle

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 09:01:02 -0400, Joey Tribiani scribbled this interesting note:

You get a sticker every year? In Texas we get a little metal tab that goes on the rear plate and is good for five years. This last go around the red paint they used for the relevant information on the tab has faded completely away so now I just have a 1959 plate with an attachment on it that is painted with white reflective paint!:~)

John Willis

I think the only sticker I have to deal with now is the round county decal that goes on the bottom center of the windshield to show that I paid the car tax. (Which amounts to around $25 a year on cars over 25 years old.)

-Jeff

John Willis wrote:

Reply to
Jeff Rew

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 07:58:16 -0500, John Willis ran around screaming and yelling:

that would be nice...but this is a local tax thing that the county i live in gives me...we pay "personal property" tax and then purchase the stickers...on an antique it is a one time fee(i paid 6 bucks) and they send a new sticker(windshield sticker) every year.... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:17:13 GMT, Jeff Rew ran around screaming and yelling:

different localities vary here in virginia...i paid a one time tax, that if i remember correctly was 6 dollars....if it was tagged as personal(standard registration) i would pay 20 bucks a year for the same sticker they send me for free....and no personal property tax on the antique vehicle either... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Reply to
Jeff Rew

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 21:52:13 GMT, Jeff Rew ran around screaming and yelling:

central/western virginia....near Roanoke.... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani