Ignition

I prefer hardbound books myself to spiral pads for most applications, but I guess a spiral keeps the right page for you.

Reply to
Antony Hutchison

Antony Hutchison wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.cis.dfn.de:

That is indeed a feature. On the other hand, the pencil is not included.

Reply to
cloud8

Are you in California, with the big plastic fumes catcher around the nozzle? I am, and if I have problems, I just pull back the plastic fume-alator, and squeeze the trigger. There is a switch in the plastic that has to be activated. Or complain to the gas-station attendant, or call CARB (California Air Resource Board). I think they manage the compliance/operation of those things.

Reply to
Michael Kelly

I believe that is what is known in the high-tech world as a PAA (Personal Analog Assistant). There used to be a funny web page on the subject, by a guy named "brian d foy". He even has a spelling guide to his name, and he likes it like that. His web site for the PAA, had add-on features like the "crayola extension". Brian has apparently gone off to play in the sand box, and I could not find his old web page :6

Reply to
Michael Kelly

I'm in the UK, I think I understand what you are saying, it could be a similar type of thing here. I'll have a look next time i fill up.

Cheers Anto

Reply to
Antony Hutchison

I'd like to thanks everyone for their kind responses.

I'd go over the carb again and consider rejetting.

As for logically only changing what was changed last, the problem was that the carb necessitated the change in ignition, therefore they were changed at the same time.

Thanks again!

Reply to
DAY TRIPPER

I understand that lots of times we change more than one thing at a time. It may not be the ideal process, but it happens.

OTOH, I can't imagine any carb changing situation which would require a change in ignition system, other than possibly timing or advance, which you're not talking about.

-

Jim Adney

hm. I use a Clie - exactly the same size as a Palm OS device ;) - and it doesn't need (replacement) batteries, it just needs to be charged occasionally. An app called AutoMobile tracks all expenses and provides current fill up and overall fuel economy, cost per mile, expenses for previous month, distance for month, distance for year, and probably some other features I'm forgetting (it's in my bedroom attached to my charger). It also stores phone numbers, I can download online map directions to it (and could buy a program to allow me to download maps to it), I can write notes - deep or otherwise - on it, and my primary use of it is to read books and the like. Whenever I'm stuck in a queue somewhere, I can pull it out and read the news or a good book - or play a game or do something else.

I'd much rather use a pad of paper than Excel, though.

Reply to
mez

My Squareback has always required a little twisting of the nozzle and even then it usually cuts off repeatedly long before it has filled. The gas collects just below where it enters, backs up, and causes the auto-shutoff to engage. It then flows into the tank and I can pump more. Sometimes twisting the nozzle around avoids this.

Reply to
mez