Brakeline Replacement HELP

I have a 67' fiberglass buggy (Roadrunner Kinda Rare ) . Anyway, I need to replace the rear passenger side brake line. It runs from the brake hose to the T on the rear driver's side. Is this line available at Napa or Oreilly's ? Would it be cheaper in the long run to get the whole set from JC Whitney ? What would you guys do ?

Thanks, Iowa883

On another Note, is it easy to rebuild the carb. on this VW ? It has a 1600 DP ? I just know the last time I was running it ( 5 years ago ) it go horrible gas mileage ( I think around 15 ) . Or is there a different carb. I need to go to ? I am running a 009 bosch dist. if that makes any difference.

Reply to
Iowa883

Forgot the pic. Here is a link of what I was trying to explain.

Thanks, Iowa883

Reply to
Iowa883

Just remove the line and take it to the parts store with you. You'll have to do the bends yourself but they should be able to hook you up with a line that's close.

nate

Iowa883 wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Try the link I m posting here John Seems to have a lot of great stuff and will likely get it to you quickly ...............You're not that far from him..........sorta.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Iowa883 wrote

I just saw that very brakeline for sale in the new mid american motorworks catolog. Order the one for your year of beetle. (I know it's a buggy) If you want to go cheap, go to your local autoparts store and get a generic one of the same size and appropriate length.

As for the carborator, If you can follow the directions in the kit, get a carb rebuild kit. I have found them quite easy to do. Just be very careful of all the small parts inside the carb. Do the rebuild on a small tarp or cloth so you can see it all when you get it apart. Good Luck.

the Grokdoc Tom Malmevik all that groks is god

67 Baja.....marti
Reply to
Tom Malmevik

If I were going to do the job myself I'd build it. on a dune buggy will be fairly simple -- you will need a couple of tools -- a bender and a double flair tool. you can get a set for around $20US and up. you will also need to know the length, the size of the Inner & outer diameter of the brake line that your are replacing. you may need a helper as well as well as a measuring stick or you can use a tape measure

no - however a 009 dist will work better with a carb that was designed for use with mechanical advance i.e. if that's the stock carb! that carb was designed for use with a dist w\vacuum advance. are your valves properly adjusted???!

BBA

Reply to
Billy Bad Assr©

Will the valves not being properly adjusted affect my gas mileage ? What else will it affect ? Thanks, Iowa883

Reply to
Iowa883

Yes!

Engine Performance issues!