Interesting new distributor

I see Albertronics is selling vacuum advance electronic distributors for VWs. I have one of their electronic ignitions on my 2CV and it's been great so far. I'd be interested to see this one in action. Unfortunately they are still uploading the update so the PDF install file isn't up but I'm assuming this distributor must be like the Citroen ones that have you flip a switch based on what engine you have and it adjusts the advance curve accordingly.

Ben Boyle

VWs. I have one of their electronic ignitions

action. Unfortunately they are still

this distributor must be like the Citroen ones

the advance curve accordingly.

Nice & shiney, must be good :-)

Reply to
Juper Wort

I'd be curious to find out, their product has been very good on my 2CV. If this thing works like it's supposed to it's pretty cool. A pretty much one size fits all vacuum advance distributor that basically should have the right curve for anything. My 2CV 123 ignition has 8 settings on it so that it's compatible with every 2CV engine ever made.

Reply to
Ben Boyle

Looks like the Installation/Instruction manual link on these distributors is up now. I have a Mallory distributor/Tiger CDI setup that I am extremely happy with. But, if I had known about this distributor at the time I built the engine, then I would have given it serious consideration.

Geoffe Elias

74 Super Beetle
> I see Albertronics is selling vacuum advance electronic distributors for
Reply to
geoffers

Try aircooled.net

Reply to