Is this awful of me? Trying to decide on a paint scheme...

For those of you who don't remember me from my (at best) sporadic posting, I have a '62 Beetle Convertible which I am doing a pan off restoration to. I bought her in early 2000, and she and her many parts have followed me to a new home after a divorce. I've been replacing the parts I lost, and I want to finally get some part of her put back together so she can resemble a car again. When I bought the car, the previous owner had purchased bright white upholstery for all of the seats which is still in the boxes. I originally had plans to do a black and white two tone color scheme, but after having the poor car sit around for 6 years, I know that isn't what I want.

Okay, so for those of you who skimmed past the rambling intro, here is my question. Shortly after buying my car, I came across a paint scheme in a Hot VWs that I loved. It's a two tone paint job with blue metallic for the main color and a silver blue metallic for the secondary color. Since it's been 6 years since the article ran, for all I know, that car isn't even those colors anymore. However, is it really horrible to use someone else's paint scheme? My car will have a different colored interior, top, wheels, etc, not to mention being on the opposite side of the country, but I didn't know if using a paint scheme someone else has used is horribly tacky, or if it's just one of those things most people wouldn't notice since two-tone paint schemes are so common.

My other option is painting may car black and using a red interior like the older convertibles.

Opinions?

Reply to
Michelle

It's your car and hopefully you will have it around to live with the colors for a long time. Paint it the way you like it and don't give a rats ass if anybody else complains.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

I agree totally. Go with what looks good to you - you have to drive it, we don't. I don't think you can plagiarize paint jobs, as it has all been done before.

's gallery has some nice bug color schemes.

Remco

Reply to
Remco