1982 Mustang GT Trivia

Ok boys and girls, how about a little trivia for you on "The Boss is Back", 1982 Mustang GT.

1: Did the 1982 What exterior colors did the 1982 Mustang GT come in? 2: Did they offer it in a solid color only? 3: Could you order rear window louvers from the factory?

Yours in Fords,

Bill S.

PS: No cheating by going to the GT registry site.............

Reply to
Bill S.

Red and black, IIRC.

Except for the hood scoop and trim. I don't think they blacked out the entire center of the hood until '83 and they didn't go for the two-tone paint (rockers a different color) 'till later.

I'll guess no, but it might have been a dealer option kinda thing...

OK... But I'll head over now to check my answers and see how I did. :)

PS yerself: Is the O-official name of the color of the blue car in this scan I took from the page 16 of the '83 brochure

A) Dark Academy Blue Metallic or B) Midnight Blue Metallic?

Reply to
Garth Almgren

My guesses below.

Red, black, and gray.

Yes unless you count the trim.

Yes

-Nick :)

Reply to
Nicholas D

All's I can think of is the blonde with the crimped hair-doo driving the vert.

Reply to
Gill

Ok, some of you got it, some of you did not quite.....Correct answers are below:

1: Black,Red, Gray 2: No, Ford did indeed offer a limited amount in "Tu-Tone" 3: Yes, they could be ordered directly from the factory, but like the lower front valance/airdam, they were installed by the dealer once the car was unloaded from the car carrier

Thanks for playing.................

Yours in Fords,

Bill S.

Bill S. wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Need I say anything more.........Chassis dyno details as soon as it gets warm again.................

Bill S.

Bill S. wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Ok, now I'm jealous, and I'm sure a friend of mine would be drooling badly if he saw those pictures..

Then again, he's broke, so it doesn't really matter.

JS

Reply to
JS

Oh, by the way, I have a set of louvers that look almost exactly like those, only they're missing the mounting pieces. I'm pretty sure they're aluminum (because they're not rusted yet) and look stock (came from an '85 GT). Know anyone interested? They're available for the low, low price of "get this thing off my porch." I'd rather not ship because of the awkward size, but I suppose if I found a box with those dimensions, I could drop it off to get sent somewhere, S+H paid by the recipient obviously.

JS

Reply to
JS

Thats the colour i want to paint my 81 stang .. now that I see it I want it even more! :) I also was in fact looking for louvers for the rear window, whereabouts are you located? Oh, and any idea how hard would it be to find/buy the mounts for them? Thx, Brendan

Reply to
Brendan

Brendan,

Finding a correct set of factory style rear window louvers in complete condition is almost impossible. You might want to check with the late model Mustang wrecking companies to see if they have any laying around. Think they were only available from the factory for three years, after that, they were strictly an over the counter item.

Bill S.

Brendan wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.