just picked up a '56 oval project!

Hey, I'm not a RAMVA regular, but I lurk from time to time.

Just got her Sunday, not a bad score for the East coast. First _real_ project, so I'm sure I'll be posting a bunch, bugging (no pun intended) you guys with my stupid questions.

This weekend I'm just going to clean it up, and think about taking the body off the pan, just to get all the problem areas sanded and painted (I just ordered some MasterSeriesCT). Then, on to the engine...

Anyone know a good place to pick up the Bentley ?? Everywhere I see it, it's at least $70 for the early bugs. Oh well...it's an investment, right.

Ok, that's enough out of me for now.. I'm just excited!

Brian (ah)

Reply to
Briantelope

.........Congratulations Brian! Where on the East Coast are you?

.....BTW, that $70 for the Bentley manual is a great investment.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Thanks!! I'm in North Carolina. I'll probably order the manual once I've dropped the engine out and I can't wait to take it apart any longer! haha. My baywindow manual only cost me $9! :-p

Brian (whew)

Reply to
Briantelope

And ya drop a bomb like this? I'm so jealous. I think.

Pictures! Pictures!

Reply to
jjs

Yeah. Post an address, and the times you aren't home. :)

Reply to
jjs

Cool -- Congratulations! A month ago I was given a 75 non-super -- we'll ask dumb questions together :)

Remco

Reply to
Remco

Congratulations, Brian

You might find John S. Henry's site useful, he's been there, done that. Most important, he took pitchers and wrote it down!

Bob Johnson '56 Oval

Reply to
Bob Johnson

awesome, I'll check that out! thanks

Brian (woo)

Reply to
Briantelope

sounds like a plan!

Brian (ready)

Reply to
Briantelope

Asheville police headquarters.... and, I'm not home from 9-5 during the week :-p

Brian (haha)

Reply to
Briantelope

I'm going to take some this weekend!! It does... need work. So don't be tooo jealous!

Brian (rock)

Reply to
Briantelope