Lost episode 2/28

Anyone catch the episode last night? I for one wish I could just jump in my '72 type 1 restore job and start it up like Hurly did with the type 3! H-S-F

Reply to
Help-Slip-Franklin

I couldn't force myself to see through the B-S. All the oil would have leaked out, the tires would have been flat, the fuel would have gone bad if any even remained, the fuel bowl in the carb would have been empty... and so on and so on.

Sure it's just a TV show. A fantasy... but it underscores the fact that most of the general public are dumb as a stump and likely to remain so. I guess the 20 or 30 seconds of them all working together, doing a few little things like pouring a little fuel in the carb and maybe finding a bicycle pump in the van were better spent on yet another one of those pointless flashbacks that most people have criticized the show for.

Reply to
Raymond Lowe

kind of related I just got the wife's 72 westy running and drivable after it has sat, the inspection sticker on the windshield ran out 4/85. I picked this up from a junkyard in Highpoint NC not long ago. It only took removing the beetle spark plugsand installing proper bus plugs and a carb change to get it running agian. But I removed the running 1700 and installed a rebuilt 1800 for just a little more umph.

Its going to take a little rust repair and the wife has started on mild custom interior work but we plan on this as the family driver. (My 64 beetle is to small for a family of 4 right now)

As in a earlier post a few months back with the 74 ghia that was removed from a local junk yard and made road worthy in a few days work or the tales from the guys from the Bug Junk Yard in Ohio that had to build a running bug to get out ov the jungle in South America, it can be done with a little work, and knowledge with maybe a little good karma thrown in.

Mario Vintage Werks resto the latest junk yard pull is a 59 sc

Reply to
Kafertoys