deck lid ID please

can anyone tell me what this is off, just by looking at the photo ?

Ta

Rich

Reply to
tricky

"tricky" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com...

I would say 1300 from'72 ish (maybe '71) and up. I have same on my '73. Not sure if the 1303 Supers used them too.

Roger

Reply to
bug '59

I have been told it might be from a cabrio, with the vent behind the number plate.

Rich

Reply to
tricky

That's the kind that has a little thermostat to open the vent behind the license plate holder, right? Neat gadget.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

indeed it is - I tried a hair drier on the back and the vents opened. Cool !

Rich

Reply to
tricky

"tricky" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com...

....Ahum..... didn't notice the vent before you mentioned it... DUH

Roger

Reply to
bug '59

I know you could get decklids like that as stock, but just cannot remember which years. Later mexican cars, I think, or for cars in hotter climates (South Africa?).

-- Howard Rose

1966 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe 1975 Volkswagen 1303S 1962 Austin Mini Seven
Reply to
Howard Rose

No Question, it's off a VW Type1. What do I win?? ;>)

Reply to
Jakalope