new to VWs

Folks, (apologies for the dupe posting - didn't find this group until after finding the other VW ng)

I am about to acquire my first VW Bug, 1971. I am a capable mechanic, just not familiar with the VWs. I am primarily a Ford and Dodge guy, 1968-1971, sort of a muscle car purist, plus big into the 1950's and 1940's trucks from Ford in particular, but not averse to Dodge or Chevrolet either.

Can anyone point me to a comprehensive/authoritative VW Bug web site with history, photos, year by year descriptions of changes, etc. please?

Many thanks! Jim estateliquidator^^ATgmail^^DOTcom (take out the ^^AT and put what belongs there, same with the ^^DOT)

Reply to
Estate Liquidator

Now, if you're *really* serious about sleuthing all the little changes, pony up for Garwood's E-book:
Welcome aboard,

t'other Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim