No spark

I just finish mounting my engine after rebuilding it, and it will crank when the ignition is turn but no spark from the coil ( new coil old coil no difference), I have like 8 volts on the plus side and on the neg side like 5 volts with pulses( use an oscilloscope). Suggestions?

Reply to
Xrayjuan

You should have ~12 volts on the + side. Try running a wire to the Coil + side direct from the battery as a test.

Bravo for using the o'scope! More hints on my web site. See: "Why won't my engine start?" Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim