Not your fathers Samba

When you think of the word Samba, you usually think of cruising on the Pacific Coast Highway in a 21 window deluxe bus with surfboards on the roofrack with the sunroof wide open. A manufacturer of office furniture would like you to think otherwise. I was in a customers office today. They just moved to a new office. One of the cubicles was empty (as in nobody using it yet) and I was using the phone there. The empty keyboard tray was pulled out. I glanced down at the keyboard tray and see the word SAMBA (tm) It seems that a large well known office furniture manufacturer called HON, has trademarked the word Samba, and is using it for their line of Keyboard platforms. Is nothing sacred? Since the name is trademarked by HON, I guess VWoA will not be able to have a Samba model if their new bus ever comes out.

Here are a couple of links to the Samba line of Keyboard platforms.

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
Family Reunion Show Sept 21 2003 Cincinnati OH
Bill Berckman

I am not completely sure, But I think the TM's are related to a specific product also are they not?......................I can;t see how a totally different product could keep another absolutely differnet product form having a same name/line of products......................So maybe I'm a goof here, but it would not make sense if they take the word SAMBA off the market for other UNLIKE products.................

.Just my take on it.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®