What do you think of these (alloys)

They are momo, but I really like the design and they are 17", I am the current high bidder. What do you reckon.

Reply to
REMUS

What alloys?

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

whoops :)

REMUS

Not tasteless, not stunning. Will they fit the Nexia alright?

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

4x100 pcd same as vaux, vw, toyota, bmw and a load of others, what alloys do you like atm?
Reply to
REMUS

better pic showing the detail:

REMUS

Hub? Offset? Mess it up and your road to driving experience is going to be one full of funny handling and tramlining ;)

Azev A (chrome preferred), Carbon Fiber, AS

And those Ford RS, Monza style flat multi-spoke jobs. Don't much like deep dish or organic 'curves' in the spokes, and I hated TSW Venoms and those bloody 3 spoke wheels.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

except my MR2 turbo which is a 5x114pcd same as the nissan 200sx, skyline and errr celica as well i think

Reply to
Vamp

Highly unlikely given Vauxhall's use of very odd offsets.

Besides, they're worth more than the car, and I _really_ can't see any point in that.

Reply to
SteveH

Chavwheels.

Reply to
SteveH

to be honest mate, they look cack mind you, they may look great on the car, but on their own, they look cack

sorry

dojj

and errr celica as well i

Well most manufactures change their stud pattern, i didn't really want to put a time line in :) but rest assured toyota did once make 4x100 pcd cars.

Reply to
REMUS

Yep, they did. And some still, I think, the Yaris?

The Sera has 4 x 100 Fox alloys on it. They look alright, IMO.

But the proper ones run about on 5-stud wheels ;)

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

I've got an identical set only shinier... ;-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Yeah i'm starting to think the same way at first I thought the centre caps where a darker gray but he just sent me some more pic's and they look as if they have been matched to the gray of the previous owners golf ;/, I will have a trawl through the 17" wheels on ebay and see if theres anything else.

Reply to
REMUS

What's the point?

You double the value of the Nexia every time you fill it with petrol, a set of 17s will cost several times what the car is worth.

The money spent on 17s would be best put towards a proper car.

Reply to
SteveH

They'd look ok on a C class.

Reply to
Pete M

See above ;-)

Old shape C-class Mercs seem to be hitting the council estates around here these days.

Shame, really, as I always thought they were a pretty good car. Not as well built as a 190E, but still pretty good by modern BMW / Merc standards.

Reply to
SteveH

Well, your version of a proper car is proberbly quite different to mine since I think Alfa's are really ugly, and unfortunatly if I were to buy a car I want it would have to look good as well as drive well. Btw they arn't going on the nexia and I never said they were ;)

Reply to
REMUS

Nah, they're s**te. You know a car is bad when you can tell in the showroom that it's put together to a crap standard - in '96 I was considering a C-class and looked over one, and went back to the trusty

200TE and swore never to buy a new Mercedes from now on.

Depreciation has proven the point - I could have had a T-plater for £2,500 at Christmas.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB