Oil cooler Disassembly

Is it possible to remove the ends of an oil cooler? I have been trying to remove the caps to boil the cooler but have thus far had no luck. I've used propane and MAPP gas. It looks like they are simply brazed into place. Am I missing something or just not using enough heat? I'd hate to break out the torches if there is a simpler answer. Thanks.

Joel Bartlett

Reply to
Joel Bartlett

Sounds like Silver solder to me........Brazed?...........OK.

Break out the heat if you must.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®