Throttle cable types?

I wanted this weekends proyect to be changing all of Walters cables. Two whole 2 of them :)

Clutch cable and bowden tube were a breeze, once I got the hang on how to get the pedal cluster out and realized I had to take the bowden tube out to get the cable through it...

But I filed in changing the throttle cable. The old one was longer and had a hook on the pedal end were the new one had a bent bronze end like this: /------------- ----/

Is that the newer style cable? (mine is a 61, cable is for a brazilian bug, all I can get here.... Can I change the gas pedal for one that has that hook style? what about its length?

thanks,

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

I bought a Kombi cable today. good hook, very long... Will have to repeat a trick I saw in a picture here of securing it with a cable clamp (u bolt, with nuts..) good think I have photographic memory :)

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

http://63.230.74.177/baja/page6.html Max

Reply to
Max Welton

good thats what I saw... I am trying to make something similar... will post pictures :)

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski