ok remote filter location?

So after a year of not touching the baja, I'm back at putting it back together.

I decided to go with full flow on the new motor I built but I kinda have some filter location issues. I can't fit it on the shroud due to linkage, wont fit on the firewall due to dual kads with large filters either. The best spot I could come up with is off my rear cage, Im thinking behind my license plate which is the higher center section with the flatbar running across in pic (sorry the digital broke so this is the most recent pick of the cage)

I built the cage with some space back there so there is a couple of inches between where the filter would sit and the header. This would also keep the filter out of the way and sheilded pretty well. The only dislike for me is it puts the filter sideways. I'm not a big fan of doing it that way I don't like the idea of not being able to fill the filter before installation, but then again this is gonna be my first "FF" setup too so I really have no experience in this feild.

so the question is will it be ok in that postion? Unforrtunatly every other open spot is gonna put the filter in harms way, or just flat out be in the way!

Mark Detro Englewood, FL

66' panel 71' westy 73' baja
Reply to
Mark Detro

I have had no issues with this approach:

http://66.225.214.60/baja/MVC-021F.JPG http://66.225.214.60/baja/MVC-121F.JPG Be sure to use good lines that can survive a rock strike.

Max

Reply to
Max Welton