'penny'

Reply to
Kirk

and disreputable auto mechanics that do shoddy work are call "rip-off artists" but no one would do that in the VW world would they?

Reply to
dragenwagen

my ghia is a type 1, and most folks dont' call it a "bug" they call it a "porshey"

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

When I was a kid a Ghia was called a "poor man's Porsche."

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

I have heard that of the 914. I really wanted one of those..... almost got one... a guy had one stripped down and was going to sell it (because he was never going to finish) but his uncle, who was part owner, begged him to keep it... I bet it is still sitting unfinished 5 years later... probably rusted by now. Two other ones were in beautiful shape ... when they were parked outside on a gravel lot... 20 years ago!!!!!!! now they have fire any mounds in them and probably rusted out floorboards. What a crime!

KWW

Reply to
Kirk

I've always wanted a 914 too. It's the only "P" branded car that I can get all 6'5" of me into. I know it's sacrilege but I want to convert one to water cooled and stuff in a Subaru 3.0L six. ;o)

T> I have heard that of the 914. I really wanted one of those..... almost got

Reply to
Anthony W

i found a guy that has three 914's in a building just sitting..one has been gone through and a lot of metal work(good looking work too) has been done...it's in primer now...ready for paint...the other two are original condition and very solid....all complete cars and he has several engines and transaxles sitting about.....offered them to me for a hell of a deal....i'm not in a position to store the cars at this point...he's gonna hold them indefinitely for me...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani