Ping: John Stafford

John, I've been watching for an update on the condition of your hotrod. I hope it was more superficial than it first appeared. H

Reply to
Hairy

Have any pictures been posted yet of the vehicle after the fire?

Reply to
Shaggie

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 07:08:56 -0400, Shaggie ran around screaming and yelling:

no John has been scarce since he got back from vacation..... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I've heard that he has put the car in storage until he can devote the time required to tear into it and evaluate the entire extent of the fire damage.

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

Hi, folks. I've been involved heavily in a non-acvw project called My Job and Stuff. Dennis Wik is right - the vehicle is parked until I can devote time to finding what's left. I'm in no hurry to learn that the engine is a wreck, and I don't have the $ to spare right now.

Reply to
jjs

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 19:12:04 -0500, "jjs" scribbled this interesting note:

Hence the need for the work and stuff!:~(

Seriously, John, if we run across any Bradleys out there we'll give you the contact info and some pictures and details on the car(s). Scott and I do see them occasionally around the North Texas area and they are never all that expensive.

John Willis

As I said Before, I know where one is that is available as we speak ( unless sold in the last week) that looks to be pretty much all there. It's white, and would require the whole body and paint thing. It is a start though.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Thanks very much for your support, John. The Bradly (GTII-e) is repairable. Things will work out.

Reply to
jjs

John I never heard of this happening till today... I am sure that thatatleast some parts of the engine are salvagable.... Let me know if I can help.

Reply to
Jake Raby

Now that is good service after the sale that you won't find anywhere else. Got to like VW companies like that. Bill Berckman

67 Beetle
Reply to
Bill Berckman

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 21:05:49 -0500, "jjs" scribbled this interesting note:

Oh, I know that. Just about anything is repairable, but even if it is just a donor car, you might need something like that to help things along a little faster!:~)

I know you'll get it on the road again. That little car has got to be a blast to drive with that monster engine in it. I just have to wonder how you kept it on the road??? (And will keep it on the road again?)

John Willis

I already had a spare rear deck and rear windows and that covers the worst body part. The car already needed paint, so that's cool, too. Thanks for the support anyway. It is heartening! (BTW - Mine is the rare GTII-E with the wider engine bay which fits the dual 44's perfectly.)

Reply to
jjs

I didn't want to trouble you, Jake, because it certainly had nothing to do with your great engine. Just bad luck on my part. It will be a year or two before I can invest any significant money into the engine again. :( God only knows what will happen by then.

Thanks for writing. It is always good to know you are still there, Jake.

Best, JJS

Reply to
jjs

...although a year or two is not real significant, sometimes....even with best intentions..these things stretch. I would pull the rockers to keep stress off the vlave springs, and fog some oil down the cylinders ....along with plugging orifices and desicant packs. Its a hell of an engine...I really don't think a lot of it could have gotten hurt too badly....PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT...

....sorry again to hear about it John..

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

Consider it in terms of likely years left on earth and your view will be a little different.

Reply to
jjs

...unless you expect to spenmd the last 3 or 4 years in a retirement home shittin yer drawers and dribblin jello down yer chin...in which case a year isn't very significant....except of course to the money grubbers who own the home and are keepin you breathin barely for as long as possibnle, or until all yer assets andf insurance are gone. ;-)

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 16:06:32 -0500, "jjs" scribbled this interesting note:

I've heard that the key to living a long and healthy life (other than avoiding obvious things) is to stay active and keeping your mind active too. If you are anything like me then you ought to be able to live quite happily in an active and productive manner, until you are something like 120 years old because all the various projects you have will keep you going until at least that age!:~)

John Willis