Question on brake pins

I was driving and all of a sudden, I hear a rattle coming from the right rear. I took the drum off and the springs that hold the shoes to the backing plate were sitting at the bottom. I have an extra set of pins, springs and shoes for the front. Are the pins the same size for both front and rear?

Reply to
Eddie

Were you hearing a clicking sound as you were driving ? Last brakes I did the pins that came with them were longer then the originals. The lug bolts would hit them and knocked them off.

Randy

Reply to
rjmacres

Depends upon the year. However, you can use the long pins on any of them on the rear. If you use them as they are, they might rub the drum. So just put a small washer(s) on the back side of the pin that effectively shortens it.

Jim

Reply to
jim