Ramblings

I have been having a problem with a tire on my bug going flat. I bought some of the liquid that you squirt into the tire, inflate and then drive

5 to 10 miles to let it seal. Well, opportunity was shown to my kids and they crawled in and we went driving in the pasture. There is about 10 acres and no trees so we rode for a long time. Doing circles and spin outs and such. The kids loved every minute, with many screams of "Do It AGAIN!!!" It was great fun. We left the pasture after about 20 minutes of riding and came back into the yard and the kids wanted to circle the house a few times. OK, off we go. On the last round, I had stomped the gas to give us a good launch across the driveway, and as we start to really accelerate, a strange noise appears from the rear. It almost sounded like I had blown one of the J-pipes off. I come out of the throttle and the noise is continuing to increase in volume. I am going behind the house by this time and the noise is still rising and is now very very loud inside the bug. The kids are getting worried as to what is happening and are rattling questions above the roar! I come back to the driveway, park, shut the engine off and get out. As I round the rear of the bug, something looks different, something is missing. My quiet pak is gone!!! I drop down to look to see if I lost the headers and find that the headers are there, but the muffler has broken the whole flange off the headers and the rest of the exhaust is fine, all intacked. I get up and look for the muffler and it is about 20 feet away laying in the yard. Laughter over comes me as this to me is pretty funny. I had thought to my self as we were ripping up the pasture as to why I had wanted to go into the pasture instead of just driving the roads like I started to. Things work kind of strange sometimes as to why we make the choices we make.

I am getting off lucky, I suppose, I should be able to weld this back together and all should be fine. I will be adding a bolt to the muffler this time to bolt it to the headers as it was designed to be anyway. The bolt holes never lined up since new and I never tried to fix it. I would expect things to hold together longer than 9 years anyway....LOL.

Oh and since you asked, the tire still goes flat.......I think it is leaking around the rim. The tires had some ruff spots on the lip of the tires and I think this one is going to need some more work....bummer.

Drive and enjoy!!!!

Reply to
TerryB

On 16 Oct 2003 17:51:28 GMT, TerryB shared the following:

It's this kind of post that's gonna make it impossible for me to ever leave this group no matter how many times I say "I'm *gone*." :-P

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

Good work Terry!

Reply to
Max Welton

Max Welton wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.yahoo.com:

It is all I can offer. I am just a ramblin man!!! Shag, you should have seen all the Cow crap I washed out from under the fenders when I got done playing. There was plenty of the green stuff on the top side as well. LOL it was loads of fun getting it dirty!!!

I have never had a garage much less a bug that I thought needed a place out of the weather. I drive the 7734 out of my bug and will do so till it or me dies and cannot be revived. Don't get me wrong, I love my bug, I will never pamper it, just good TLC to keep it going. I drive, I enjoy, simple. This equals a full life. No worries!! I would like a gem of a bug someday and it will be an Oval bug that I know. But it is not here yet and neither is the garage. The garage is in the works and I hope that the Oval is not too far in the future. No the Oval will not be a fully correct resto, it will be on the custom side, but of course. That is the way I like them, a little attitude is what I like.

Oh well, dreaming never hurts and I have rambled again.............ta ta

Reply to
TerryB

On 17 Oct 2003 18:14:13 GMT, TerryB shared the following:

HAHAHA! That reminds me... When I met with the guy who bought the LCB from me, I was trying to show him every little thing I could think of that was wrong with the car. At one point I said "Oh, yeah! When you turn on the lights, sometimes you have to *bump* the passenger-side tail-light for it to come on..." I turned the headlights on and walked to the back of the car with him. Sure enough, that light was out. I *bumped* the tail-light a few times with my fist to get it to come on. It came on after about the 4th

*bump* but each time I *bumped* it, huge clods of mud would fall off from underneath the fender. heh heh. I said "Yeah, this car is no poser!" He loved it. :-)

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 14:41:09 -0400, travis shared the following:

Hmm.... Come to think of it, maybe I just needed to clean the electrical connections all along and the light would have worked better...? ;-P