Re: On the subject of FIRE...

On 2 Aug 2003 11:32:15 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Anthony) ran around screaming and yelling:

This scared the hell out of me, so I replaced >that line with a solid line w/ clamps on both ends (pump and >carb...these are the little screw type clamps that screw closed a >metal band) I put a new fuel filter down by the transmission, in the >soft line right were it comes out of the main tunnel, and before it >goes in through the fire wall. This new filter has clamps on both >ends. Sound good? Let me know if this is safe/unsafe/stupid/smart >etc.

so far so good...also check/replace the flexible line *under* the tank in the front...they tend to get overlooked....they are wide open to the elements and in an "out of sight, out of mind" position...i have had this line rupture...not a huge fire threat(although *any* fuel leak can lead to fire or explosion) but is a pain when you lose your full fuel load suddenly, and get stuck on the side of the road... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I just replaced all my rubber lines last a couple of weeks ago. It is a good idea. Oh ya, I have filters. One under the tank and one before the carb. I like clean fuel.

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

The problem I've had when putting a filter in line BEFORE the pump is vapor lock. Here in Texas I guess it is more of a possibility than up in the cold North.

Reply to
KWW

I have one in the line from the tunnel to the fuel pump, in front of the tranny. (Insurance until I can pull the tank and check for dirt and.or rust)

Never had a problem with vapor lock, and it's a HELL (word usage is appropriate) of a lot hotter in Arizona than in Texas..

Reply to
Alan Nelson

Me too Dennis,......It just seems to taste better. doesn't it?

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®