Re: Books N manuals?

"(O\|/O)(.\~/.)" wrote

What other books and manuals would be good to have around? > I have the Muir book, > Haynes book, > How to build a Dune Buggy [I don't recommend this one] > and I am looking around for the Bentley manuals. > Any others I should keep an eye out for?

Tom Wilson's `How to rebuild your Volkswagen aircooled engine' is very good and, IMHO, is a must have for engine work, second only to the Bentley.

I also like Keith Seume's `VW Beetle Performance Handbook', which has some good information on stock components even if you're not interested in the performance upgrades.

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H.

On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 15:54:44 GMT, "\(O\\|/O\)\(.\\~/.\)" scribbled this interesting note:

A factory original VW Workshop Manual. The Bentley manual is an abridged version of this one. This original is the single best manual you can have. The Bentley is next best.

My personal philosophy about Beetle manuals is to have as many different manuals as you can find as each states things slightly differently, may have slightly different illustrations, and/or slightly different information. I have at least half a dozen different manuals (probably more) and I use them all.

-- John Willis

Reply to
John Willis

During building our library, I picked up the BugMe Videos... worth every penny of them... priced just right.

If you call them directly (BugMe Videos) they'll cut you a deal on the entire library.

T.

Reply to
MN AirHead