Re: Sticking e-brake.

My e-brake sticks on my 74 thing when its left to sit for a while.

> Reading through previous posts this sounds like a somewhat common > problem. Is there anything I can do to prevent this? I already > tried a Very lightt coat of grease where the brake shoes contact the > brake plate. I dont dare get too much gr4ease around the brakes. > So does anyone have and good ideas? > -Kirk

Can you not just leave it parked in a low gear, ie first or reverse, and maybe a brick under the wheel just in case? Then the brakes wont be in contact.

Neil

Reply to
Neil

Amen. Do NOT Use the parking brake to Park. Especially outside.

In dampness, the shoes and cast iron drum form a rust-bond.

Carry a wheel chock.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim