Re: Update: dual Kadrons added to my bus

>A. Right front passenger door cannot be opened from the inside. Shop >writes, "needs latch assembly."

...well maybe... Often times, however, it is simply the retaining clip that holds the rod has fallen of and needs replacement. This involves removing the door panel for investigation. You may wish to invest in a clip tool (cheap) if you remove the door panel so you do not damage the panel.

>B. Instruments hard to read at night -- very dim. Dealer writes, >"tumblers wearing in H/L switch to brighten gauge lamps." (I don't get >that one myself -- could be mechanical guy talk for "rheostat.")

...I would infer it might be rheostat...I still give my previous advice....check ground first...rheostat second. The gator clip that yhou have to slip on the end of your meter's probe....along with the probe wire works great for a temporary ground wire to make sure its good. =-)

C. No heat in passenger compartment. Shop writes, "Heater will not work >because shroud is blocked [off tire]." The spare tire is under a deck >the prev owner installed over the place where the rear bench seat used >to be. The shop guy shook his head and said it had nothing to do with >the spare tire. Maybe they were talking about *my* spare tire.

well not sure how to interpret this one... BUT the path of heat is pretty self explanitory. follow the path and remove any impediments. =-))))

D. Left seat cannot be made to slide forward or aft. Shop writes, "Need >tim to check out left seat."

...PB Blaster available at your local auto parts store...one of the best penetrating liquids available. Use it liberallly on the tracks.

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

Will do. Do those things come with instructions, or does one simply learn by savaging the first panel they work on?

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Savaging :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

...not if one can help it =-)) Slip clip tool carefully under edge of panel...and slide it along untill it comes to a stop. You have now encoutered a clip. =-) turn tool and work fork around clip....gently lever tool up till clip pops ot of socket. Move on to next one. Works very slowly and carefully. Look in your bently it should show you how to disassemble the door panel. You will need to remove lock nob, window crank, and latch cover...off the top of my head....and maybe armrest....my memeory is a littl fuzzy....

...gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

Fozzy Bear, is it really you?

Who's Tim, and why is he the only one who can look at it? Or, who's Tim, and why'd he leave?

HeYuck Yuck.

I don't have anything constructive to add, simply because Jan and Gary already have. However, I'm not sure to be happy or not that Charlie's treated you the way they did. On one hand, the brought some things to your attention rather than covering them up with excuses (good) or half fixes (bad). On the other hand, they didn't fix it.

BTW: This is a long shot, but do you remember anyone from Charlies? When I worked there, Malcom was the service writer (tall, skinny englishman), Shelly was office manager (Charlie's wife, very large...ummm posterior) and Charlie himself is about 5'8", overweight, and greek. I forgot his last name, but it's at least 5 syllables. Pete's the parts guy, and Henry was the VW mechanic.

**************************** Andy 'Dubless for the time being ****************************
Reply to
Jeckler

..............I'm the cat loving h*mo who started a freaking flamefest but Kaferdave helped..........lol

.....................I'm not gone, just amazed.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Hey hey...Tim, I've been fighting on your side too!!

Just another cat loving person.

Narley Dude®

Reply to
Narley Dude®

LOL.

Time. I meant time.

Or maybe I didn't. Maybe Tim is the only one who can do this work!

Yeah - Charlies just declined to do anything. I was disappointed, but, as you say, they could have ripped me off instead.

Only the service writer -- Nicky or Nicko.

None of them ring a bell, but I wasn't paying close attention.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Tim! It's you! I don't care if you're gay! VW Paradise said that you're the only one who can fix my seat. Wait -- I mean . . . .

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Where's Jan and his ill-gotten knowledge of cancelling other peoples posts when you need him? :)

**************************** Andy 'Dubless for the time being ****************************
Reply to
Jeckler

hehehehe

enjoying this too much to delete stuff yet :D

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Yes,PB Blaster,the best rust buster.Thanks Gary,I couldn"t remember the name.Steve

Reply to
Ilambert

"Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@REMOVETHEOBVIOUSadelphiaDOT.net:

Tim, are you listening?

Reply to
cloud8

...................Yes?

Reply to
Tim Rogers

"Tim Rogers" wrote in news:bo3t88$180v4j$1@ID-

46866.news.uni-berlin.de:

Well, Jeez, man, check out the left seat!!

Reply to
cloud8

Yeah -- my shop told me you're the only one who can do it. Let's get started!

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

.............heh heh.........Now that you've got those spiffy new Kadrons, you shouldn't have too much trouble driving the 3000 miles to my house here in upstate NY.

HAH!

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Things are never easy. I'll start tomorrow.