Semi OT

Was just now watching the NASCAR race and one of the commentators said that currently a new "Herbie The Love Bug" is being filmed and something about part of it being filmed at the track they're having this race at (California Speedway). I wonder if it'll have a REAL "Bug" or a new "Bug."

Reply to
Shaggie

Ben Boyle

It will be the real bug. Disney was buying up quite a few bugs a while back in preparation for the movie. Bill Berckman

67 Beetle
Reply to
Bill Berckman

Hehehe, you know that must be pissing off VWoA.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

VWoA had their lawyers up Disney's A** when the first movie was made, and probably still do now. Not that VWoA did not want the movie being made, but they just wanted to make sure the VW name was not harmed. I read somewhere that VWoA did not like the part in the original movie where Herbie split in to several pieces.

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle
Reply to
Bill Berckman

Silly. One of the reasons I got a Bug in the first place was seeing those movies. Who didn't want a car that can drive off a bridge and sail around the bay?

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Yes, But Who'd you buy it from??????

How old was it, and how old were you when you saw " The Love Bug"

Just curious, 'cause I don't think VWOA cares about resale unless you're buying it from them. Just a thought anyway.

In the last several years , VWOA has tried to kill the whole "Classic" Beetle thing, so I can't see anything except copyright infringement being the issue nowadays. It's All About MONEY , and who gets it.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

funny thing my first bug was a 63 ragtop I bought for $30 and got it out of spite. I remember not liking the Herbie movie. My grandparents had a 63 with a 356 engine in it that they bought in Saudi Arabia. They wanted me to have a different car so they sold it.

that was more then 25 aircooled drivers and 20+ years ago.

Reply to
Kafertoys