valve check questions

not necessarily...i usually replace every third or fourth time....depends on the condition of the seals...if in doubt, change em, they are cheap....

yes...that is the correct measurement

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

Two issues to be confirmed before I screw my engine:

1- When I remove the valve covers for a valve check I have to replace the valve cover gasket with a new one, right?

2- My Haines manual says the valve clearance for a '72 AD 1600 engine is

0.006 inches, but my gauges are metric. I guess this is about 0.15 mm. Can anyone confirm this figure?

thanks ant

Reply to
Ant

Wouldn't hurt. Not absolutely necessary if they don't leak and appear somewhat soft and flexible still. I replace them at every 2nd or 3rd oil change. (I do teh valves and oil more frequently than most anyway)

Confirmed.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Ant wrote in news:bp1am4$p61$ snipped-for-privacy@news.tudelft.nl:

I use the cork variety and find they can last a year, which is 12K mi = 4 checks. But then my bails are nice and tight, and I'm a cheap SOB, too.

Reply to
cloud8

...................."nice and tight"..........hmmm...........where have I ever used that phrase?

:-)

Reply to
Tim Rogers

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 15:33:09 -0500, "Tim Rogers" shared the following:

What's that? You say your wife doesn't read the newsgroups? :)

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

That was supposed to be my catch line Shaggie!!(Althouh I think I would have slipped in the term: In the early days??)

J.

Reply to
BergRace

"BergRace" wrote in news:5mUtb.3555$%W3.19965@amstwist00:

Jeez I can't slip anything past you guys. Nice 'n tight... still laughin' :-)

Reply to
cloud8