VW ad in People Magazine

Looking through our People Magazine for this week (end of year issue), center of this issue is a two page Volkswagen of America ad, showing red beetles for every year since the 50's. You guys need to get it and check it out! First, to add it to your growing collection of volkswagen memorabilia. Secondly, I think we'll have a contest to see how many mistakes in this ad you can findin this ad...Starting today, (saturday) we will give kudo's and bragging rights to the individual that can find the most mistakes! Ready,, Set,,, GO!

Reply to
vwluvrs

Yes, I have it here. Molly found it. They got the years wrong on at least one, didn't they? I think (foggy memory here) that they showed the '58 as an oval window. Wrong, right?

Reply to
jjs

You are right John, my 57' was an oval, my 58' was not. Changed signal light location and the size of the front glass also I think.

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

Yep! I have a '58 as well and it ain't no oval. The ad is a good indication of how out of touch the New Volkswagen company is with their own history. And worse, they don't even give a shit. If they cared, they would know. Pathetic.

Reply to
jjs

YEAH!!!!

I think I've found the biggest mistake of all of 'em.........I can't believe you guys didn't see the most obvious huge mistake they have with that entire ad.................. Sometimes I think I have an extra bit of perceptioin not offered to very many people through mother nature. C'mon,.................you see it too don't you?

OK,..........I'll point since hinting around ain't helpin'.

It's in POEPLE MAGAZINE

Geez,...............do I have to hold yer hands?

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

It also doesn't show the '68s having the high-back style seats that were standard equipment in that year.

Reply to
Pete Cressman

US models had high back seats in '68. However, the european models still had the low back seats.

Reply to
Dane Tyler

But since VWoA published the ad, it should be correct for their product, rather than VW A.G.

- Pete

Reply to
Pete Cressman

They misspelled the title of the magazine on the cover? Crikeys! That's incredible.

Reply to
mez

That was a typo, not a misspelling...............LOL

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Anyone else notice that there's only one Super Beetle in the whole ad?

Talk about pathetic. :)

Reply to
Lyle Beaulac

Lighten up. Bottom line might be, that it propably is a -68 model,=20 a VW and a Beetle. Relax and enjoy the fweem. I think VWoA=20 has not done so many Beetles in it's history.=20

Reply to
Olli Lammi

Lighten up. Bottom line might be, that it propably is a -68 model, a VW and a Beetle. Relax and enjoy the fweem. I think VWoA has not done so many Beetles in it's history.

................good advice Olli.

Reply to
Tim Rogers