VW Classic questions..

Hi..my wife and I are planning a trip(we're from the east coast of Canada..New Brunswick) to California for June this year...and are planning to attend the VW Classic...I wonder if anyone can confirm the dates, location, etc..seems like the web site:

still stuck in 2004 mode. The weekend would be friday jun10 throughthe12th correct? Are the promotors the same folks as last year?? Anyoneinvolved with the org. here? Read something about tours of shops..West CoastClassics//Lenny Copp's place etc. Any info or extra contact info greatlyappreciated!! Thanks!!

Pat Richard

ps..Has Anna from BC been around at all...wonder how 'Belle' is doing?

Reply to
Pat

I live about 10 miles south of where the VW Classic is held. Its right adjacent to the city of Lake Forest, but could be "over the line" and in the city of Irvine. Its at a place locally known as the "old Lion Country Safari." Its in south Orange County, about 15 miles or so south of John Wayne airport. If possible, you want to arrive at "John Wayne" and NOT "LAX" which is about 70 miles furthur north. You do NOT want to arrive at Ontario airport either as its about 60 miles northeast.

June 10-12 "sounds" about right but I'm not certain as its a bit early for any ads to have shown up yet in VW magazines.

Give me a call on my "cell" and, if I'm not called away by my wife to do something else, I'll give you a "tour" of the area and down to the beaches if you like? I think that Saturday will be the BIG day at the car show, so you'll likely want to be there most of the day. That leaves Sunday for "touism," assuming you're arriving Friday "PM?" but on Sunday all the "parts houses" are closed.

Jim (949)547-1450

Want to buy a NICE restored Bug while you're here?

See:

Jim Lev

>is still stuck in 2004 mode. The weekend would be friday jun10 through> >the12th correct? Are the promotors the same folks as last year?? Anyone> >involved with the org. here? Read something about tours of shops..WestCoast

Reply to
Pat