VW Show - Beaver Springs, PA - 05/15/05

Date: Sunday - May 15, 2005 Name of Show : Bug Meet #15 Location: Beaver Springs Dragway - Beaver Springs, PA. Contact Person: Bill Gundrum - Info : (570)-754-7209 - snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net Event Features: Air and Water Cooled VW Show Car Classes - Drag Racing - New & Used Parts Vendors - Queens in Jeans Contest

For more detailed information about this and other East Coast USA Shows Featuring VWs visit The Unofficial GTI 16V Home Page at:

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie R.

Hey Charlie:

Have not see a post from you in a while. How is the Rabbit doing?

Reply to
Bill Berckman

The Rabbit is fine. I did some work on it over the winter and hust recently got it back together again.

Last Fall I purchased a Toyota 4Runner. When I compared it to a Touareg the

4Runner blew it away on value for the money. Put a different way for the price of a Touareg (equipped the same as the 4Runner) I could buy the 4Runner, a new, customer enclosed car trailer and still have a LOT of $$$ leftover for my next VW Resto project. That along with maintenance costs that were 1/2 the cost of the Touareg's, being able to run regular unleaded and have towing abilities almost equal to the Touareg made it an Easy choice. Getting 20mpg+ on the highway with the 4Runner's V8 engine isn't bad either.

I felt kind of bad about not buying a new VW but the Toyota has run flawlessly since I bought it and tows my new car trailer Very well.

Hope all is well with you.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie R.