What ever happened to...

I was sorting through a stack of old catalogs from places I used to buy stuff from (years ago) and some of them appear to have gone the way of the dinosaur. A search of the Internet turns up nothing, which would seem to confirm they've dried up and blown away, but perhaps they've changed names or merged with other companies. Does anyone remember;

H.C. Fastener, Alvarado, TX. Used to sell hard to find automotive fasteners, tools and restoration supplies. They sold a rust converter called Fertan.

Lions Automotive, Lyons, IL. They sold restoration supplies, paint and body supplies and unique tools like Eastwood sells now.

Pratco Inc., Cleveland, GA. They sold various air tools and such under their own name. Not quite "professional grade" stuff but better than the really cheap stuff.

AMT Tools, they sold drill presses and other power tools. They claimed that there was good Taiwanese made stuff as well as bad. I have a small benchtop drill press from them and it was a nice one for the price.

Most of these places advertised in magazines like Hemmings. I guess things changed a bit while I changed jobs, bought a house, raised kids, got divorced. :o)

--

>>Mike

'64 sunroof Beetle '55 semaphore Beetle

Reply to