WTF IDF "Starter Circuit"?

It's getting cold so I'm doing curious stuff like taking things apart. (There's nothing more dangerous than a fool like me with tools!)

So, I have a Weber DCOE from years back. It's got an enrichening circuit for starting. And I have a spare Weber IDF40 I'm getting ready to sell. So, I did a little exploratory dissection.

Did you know that the IDF has an unused starter circuit like the DCOE? I swear it sure looks like it. All the IDF is missing is the top-cap with lever and tiny gears that activates the plungers. WTF is with that? Why did Weber leave the little plungers in there when it just adds something that can screw up? (Can the IDF starter-circuit be plugged where it dumps into the manifold behind the butterfly?)

Okay, I'm off to the back yard where I have to winterize three Bugs and put 'em away. I hate winter.

Reply to
jjs

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 11:16:20 -0600, "jjs" scribbled this interesting note:

Tuck 'em in nice and tight!

John Willis

Be nice, John, or I'll drive to Texas for the Winter. Do I need a passport to get into that strange state now?

Reply to
jjs

YES

But only you need one.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 13:30:21 -0600, "jjs" scribbled this interesting note:

Not for you. You fit right in. Hell, we could be neighbors!

John Willis