122 dash?

friend of mine (6'3) wants to replace several broken switches on his 122 and thinks that removing seats is first, i'm 5'8 and don't recall such problem... i suggested he push seats as far back as possible... it's been some 15+ years since iv'e done work on 122 dash... isn't it a matter of removing the plastic/felt covers and attacking everything with a big phillips and pliers? if it's more, i should warn him (btw i did suggest for him to stay away from the mechanical heater controls), final question was about removing the entire dash... i said noway!

thanks for any advice!

janos sz

Reply to
AND Books

I think it's 4 bolts holding the seat frame and adjusting track on the floorboard, and the whole seat lifts out. Pretty simple. Should'a stayed that way.

I agree with you to not remove the whole dash just to replace switches. Be sure to do a decent job of labeling the wires so that they end up where they came from.

Reply to
Pat Quadlander