1985 360GLT the saga continues

Thanks for the replies, except for the ones questioning my sanity and parentage, regarding the diesel engine conversion. Now for a 'need it soon' question. The front left side electric window motor has given up the ghost. No luck contacting dismantlers for a second hand unit. Can any-one tell me if the unit is specific to this model or if they are a universal unit (many Volvos or even many makes?)

Cheers,

BPM

Reply to
bullet proof monk

They are quite specific I think. In 15+ years I've only managed to find 2nd hand units as a cheap option, but not many left in scrap yard these days. There are a number of fail modes, but the most common is basically 'seizing up', This can be fixed by taking apart. Usually the passenger one normally does this and responds to an overhaul (clean motor commutator and brushes, work gear free with WD40, fill gearbox with grease). Getting the motor out can be tricky. Alternatively it could just be the switch, 7 series use similar switches.

Some people give up and just fit manual mechanisms.

Reply to
Tony Stanley

oh by the way I didn't see your other posts about this car, did you not put

360 in the title? I know these cars well.
Reply to
Tony Stanley