1986 240 Instrument wiring

I just bought an instrument cluster on ebay, Tach, etc. all allegedly work. However, my '86 240 DL has a clock located where the tach is in the new cluster. There is a three pin connector on the back of the tach, but no three pin plug on my wiring harness. Plus I have an orphan red/yellow wire in the harness that supposedly connects to the tach. My questions are:

1) How does one wire the tach? 2) If and when I get a new (smaller) clock, how do I wire it? 3) What is the red/white wire in the wiring harness which I assume goes to the pin at the lower left (rear view) of the cluster? and last 4) Does anyone have an understandable wiring diagram for an '86 240? I have a Chilton manual and frankly, the wiring schematic looks like something I would have drawn in college electronics class - useless! Thanks, Carter
Reply to
carterbear1