Re-route alternator and oil pressure sending wires 1985 Volvo 240 ?

The dash idiot lights are flickering and the oil pressure sending unit wire has lost all of its insulation . I would like to reroute this wiring away from under the crank pully . I have misplaced my Haynes manual . Could someone please identify which corresponding wires at the gray connector is the alternator "field " wire and the oil pressure sending unit wire ? -thanks

Reply to
nospam4me

In article , snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com by snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com dropped his wrench, scratched his head and mumbled,

The red wire is D+/61 at the alternator. The black wire is the OPS The yellow wire is the coolant temp sender for the gauge The blue/yellow wire goes to the starter

Bob

Reply to
volvowrench

The 'Wrench is right, oil pressure sender wire is black, harnesses for '85-87 cars is $318 at ipd. Green op wires are found on 240Ts only. You might also try Dave Barton's site for a good used replacement harness. The under engine wires just show the damage first, you will find other areas in the engine compartment where the insulation flakes off over time and exposure to heat and oil, fix them all at once for ~$160

've gotten a couple from him, good quality and half the dealer cost.Dave Shannon snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (Spring Valley CA)

1988 240 DL 18X,XXX 1985 240 Ti 20X,XXX 1984 245 DL 20X,XXX 1984 245T 19X,XXX '01 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 10K

Dave Shannon

In article , snipped-for-privacy@cox.net by Dave Shannon dropped his wrench, scratched his head and mumbled,

Even on a turbo the OPS wire is black. The green wire goes to the Oil pressure gauge through a separate harness.

Bob

Reply to
volvowrench

Sorry Bob, got 2 turbos sitting right outside and the green gauge wire goes through the main harness with the black oil light wire, alt' exciter and heavy B+ cable. I should have been clearer but I was addressing Brick_0's innaccurate information regarding the green wire in a NA 240. The accessory gauges for non turbos had a seperate harness with a green wire but a stock 240 has no green wire associated with oil pressure.. The original poster has an '85 NA wih a black oil light only setup. Dave Shannon snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (Spring Valley CA)