1990 740

Just got back from serving three months with the military in the desert and found that my 740 is acting wierd. In park or Neutral the idle races at

2500rpm. Also in Drive it wants to drive at 45 MPH. My wife only started twice during my three months of absence. Anyone have any ideas on which part feeds the computer telling it to idle this high?

Thanks for the help

Edward Benton snipped-for-privacy@cox.net

Reply to
Ed

Idle control valve stuck open, remove it and clean it or the connector is corroded and needs cleaning

Harold

Reply to
grtdane