1992 960 noisey engine belt.

Hi All;

I have a squeek coming from the front of 1992 960 3L-B6304 engine.

The exposed ancillary pumps belt one sees with the bonnet up, has two idler pulleys, one is the tensioner, the other right beside it, is static. I think this staic pulley has a bearing starting to fail as ther are signs of rust around the bolt head.

I cannot find a solution to this on brickboard, but I guess it is a simple job to get the pulley out and repair what is necessary.

So to my question:- Is this pulley on ball/roller races or is it a crude bush round the holding bolt that just needs cleaning-lubricating?

Are there any hints on how to hold back the tension pulley while removing belt?

Regards Ian

Reply to
ipellew